Solved! SD card issues

Dec 7, 2018
I bought my on5 about 3 weeks ago .... i did not have a SD card..... somebody gave me a Samsung SD card about a week ago and I inserted it about a week ago...... I formatted it and it worked just fine..... now all the sudden it's not recognizing my SD card... anyone knw what could be the problem or what I can do to fix the problem....?

Solution
It could be a bad card, it could be the port on the phone. First you need to try a different SD card. If it works fine, then the card you have has likely just gone bad.

While SD cards can be reused and put in different devices, they really aren't made to do that much. I know it sounds odd, but they are easily damaged.
It could be a bad card, it could be the port on the phone. First you need to try a different SD card. If it works fine, then the card you have has likely just gone bad.

While SD cards can be reused and put in different devices, they really aren't made to do that much. I know it sounds odd, but they are easily damaged.

Solution
Dec 7, 2018
I'm having the same issues with my Galaxy S7. I recently installed Android 8.0.0 and I believe that broke it, where I cannot use the external SD as default storage any longer.