Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot with the SD card inserted, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up.
- If it doesn't work, uninstall/reinstall the card reader driver.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the card reader driver.
- Next is to reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't reinstall automatically download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed do test if it will read the SD card or not.
- Do also test the SD card onto a different laptop or PC and see if it will be detected or not.
- Make sure that Autoplay is also set properly.
- Here's how: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows/change-autoplay-settings#1TC=windows-7