Searchengage malware removal help please?

alltoofresh

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I went to download something and I wasn't careful enough. Something called search engage has taken over my google chrome and I have spent the past 3 hours trying to get it off. Nothing I found on Google has worked for me. I've tried uninstalling, using a program to delete it, resetting my browser, and countless other things. Please help. It was my ignorance that got it on there but I really need the help.

Press your Windows key and R together and into the Run box, type regedit then press Enter.

From the File menu, choose Export then note the location and name of the backup you're about to make, just in case anything goes wrong.

Next, from the Edit menu, select Find and enter searchengage into the box and hit Enter. When it finds an entry, delete it and press Function 3 to find the next. Carry on deleting every entry it finds until it says "Finished searching the Registry"

Restart the machine and see if that killed it off. Some Registry edits require two restarts so if it hasn't gone after a second, go back into Chrome's settings and check Extensions. It might be hiding in there.