Searching topics for ripping Dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzmain

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I'm looking for links to topics on here or an answer depending on who can help first. I have a large collection of dvds and since I know we can legally copying one per disc for damage protection ect, whatever that is called my goal is to transfer my collection to my hdd on my computer so that I can watch them from there and pack up my dvd's. Here's my conundrum: I want the audio to be 5.1 with the conversion and I haven't found anything that does that yet. I've looked at Handbrake, AutoGk ect ect. I see alot of my collection on Netflix streaming but with the surround and that is important to me.
Basically I'm looking for a program that will rip the video in high quality and keep the 5.1. I care about buying a program as long as I can get them all transferred then pack them away. but if there is something out there i can simply download I'm willing to give that a go as well. I also understand the whole encrypted part because they don't want you to copy but as far as I am aware I am legally able to make a copy as protection. So if there is something out there that comes with that or i have to download separate that's fine as well.

aford10

Distinguished
It's against the forum Terms of Service to give this kind of advice.
http://www.tomshardware.com/terms.html
any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the proprietary rights of others, including, without limitation, copyright or trademark rights; this includes "WAREZ" (copyrighted software that is distributed illegally), "mp3" files of copyrighted music, copyrighted photographs, text, video or artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.