Secret Service Investigating Fox Twitter Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

damric

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Perhaps it was a bad idea to make the password "S.Palin" so that a certain Fox News Contributor would have an easier time remembering it, then using the same password for both the email and twitter accounts.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Doesn't matter who wrote it.
The fact that it is threatening in nature towards the president will catch the eye of the SS(lol, the irony), and will burn whomever the smarta-- liberal was that did this =D

If it was me that hacked it, I would be running to someplace far far away. Names like Kenya, Iran(lol), Egypt, come to mind =O

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
So the "secret service" has nothing "secret" to do this days that they have to investigate obvious pranks? I guess they get really busy on April 1st.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I get the feeling that the tweet was an internal joke inside the FAUXnews company that went out (kind of like the someone hacked my account and posted a picture of my croch incident)

I'd say... 85% chance, internal - maybe from Ailes or Murdoch himself.

If youre going to hack a major entertainment network, might as well post tweets and such that are easy to pass off... before doing something major.

frankblank

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Search on the interesting story about NewsCorp in Britain hacking into a murdered teen age girl's cell phone, so they could monitor messages to and from. They even deleted messages they had already seen, so more would be available to them.

newscorp owns fux news.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
how is this any different the other stories fox news works on. They always screw up facts. This may have been written without researching the facts from a false source. Then they went into a panic and blamed it on some hackers.

G

Haha, you liberals are really crazy. I'm sure you'd much rather prefer to watch CNN or MSNBC and have Obama as president again. Aren't you supposed to hate wars? Why do most of you agree with going to Libya, then? If Bush did it, you'd go nuts.

Then again, as a libertarian, I'm no fan of his policies either, but you guys can be real hypocrites.

With that being said, you didn't have to go crazy on Fox News like that. Just get a laugh out of it and carry on with your sad lives.

G

@belardo

so your assertion that they (fox) posted the tweets themselves is based on nothing more than your disdain for their company.

I think you did it belardo, based on my disdain for morons

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
@adr1ny

With FOX, who knows... Considering how much they edit and mis-inform its viewers ON purpose, who knows. I doubt they got hacked, why not hack all their tweeter accounts? Maybe someone simply guessed the password as 12345678? In the world in which people send jokes to each other or make fake ads/articles that were never made to go out, its possible that someone at FOX was screwing around. Did the Scripkiddies group really claim the hack? What is the source from the admitted hack?

With a little research, it looks most likely that they did. Considering that Newscorps is IN trouble with their staff hacking into a dead girls cellphone account - EDITING the messages that effected the investigation by the Police... yeah, fox is not exactly reliable. Anyone with IQ points above two digits can see that.

Yeah, I don't have ANY respect for the fake news company known as "FOX". They admit they are full of it. Some FACTS about FOX: Started by FORIGNERS, its should be an illegal news network. Murdoch quickly became an American to make it "legit". Keep in mind, a naturalized American cannot become a President... neither should such a person own a company that has political power within our country.

1 - Murdoch = Not from America. The #2 owner of FOX is a Muslim, living in Saudi Arabia! Who? Alwaleed bin Talal - who said "Don't blame the attacks on the Saudi airline hijackers, but on U.S. policies in the middle east." (in reference to the 9/11 terrorist attacks) And as the number 2 owner of FOX, you think he doesn't have some pull?

2 - Roger Ailes, from Richard M. Nixon's aides (Great friends with Rumsfield and DICK Cheney) is very much a top dog at fox.

3 - Last Election Cycle : FOX/Newscorps donates over $2 million to the GOP...

4 - Point to articles in which FOX is upset with republicans do bad things. MSNBC does go after Dems. CNN is the most centered news network.

5 - Billo and Hannity spend their time sucking up to their GOP butt-buddies. Aw, such friends... and so many running for office, or maybe... who knows.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]1 - Murdoch = Not from America. The #2 owner of FOX is a Muslim, living in Saudi Arabia! Who? Alwaleed bin Talal - who said "Don't blame the attacks on the Saudi airline hijackers, but on U.S. policies in the middle east." (in reference to the 9/11 terrorist attacks) And as the number 2 owner of FOX, you think he doesn't have some pull?[/citation]

So it took a foreigner to notice that the entirety American media was completely in the tank for liberal causes and saw a place where they could make money showing news with a conservative slant.. I would rather get my news from a well meaning like minded foreigner than news organizations that are completely backed by George Soros who would rather see America go down in flames.. And Fox is a publicly traded company.. Unfortunately anyone can by as many shares as they want, including Saudi nationals.. Thats how capitalism has been allowing this country to prosper for 235 years.

[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]2 - Roger Ailes, from Richard M. Nixon's aides (Great friends with Rumsfield and DICK Cheney) is very much a top dog at fox.[/citation]

So you are saying that there are no executives associated with CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, or NBS news that have liberal politicians as friends? Or are you just going to point out the issues with the one conservative network in America and ignore the same issue with the other ten since you agree with their politics? Isnt that just about the very definition of hypocrisy?

[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]3 - Last Election Cycle : FOX/Newscorps donates over $2 million to the GOP...[/citation]

Wow.. Foxnews donated 2 million to the GOP.. I think what you meant to say was that Rupert Murdock and New Corp, the company that owns Foxnews News donated 2 million dollars spread out over dozens of different GOP politicians.. You should do the research and find out how much GE, the owners of NBC donated to Democrat candidates.. Or how much Disney, the owners of ABC donated to Democrat politicians.. I bet you cant even put a number on all the money that organizations backed by George Soros have donated to Democrat politicians.. So again, is this just you seeing some opportunity to bash conservatives on something you think they are wrong in doing? You should pull your skirt down, your hypocrisy is showing again.. And dont forget that the employees that MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN and NBC donated 9-1 for Democrats.. That alone is extremely telling..

[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]4 - Point to articles in which FOX is upset with republicans do bad things. MSNBC does go after Dems. CNN is the most centered news network.[/citation]

Are you really trying to say that Foxnews just ignores articles about Republicans doing bad things? I read most articles posted to both CNN and Foxnews daily and they are all over the place.. If you havent found them, you have obviously never looked..

[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]5 - Billo and Hannity spend their time sucking up to their GOP butt-buddies. Aw, such friends... and so many running for office, or maybe... who knows.[/citation]

Again, this just shows your complete and total hypocrisy in this matter.. Are you going to only point out issues with Foxnews presenters obvious conservative bias and completely ignore the total liberal bias of Chris Matthews or Keith Olbermann and everyone else employed by the liberal media?

Status
Not open for further replies.