Security Firm Uncovers Another Adobe Zero-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]Foxit Reader FTW!![/citation]
Version 2.2 is the best. It isn't bloated. That and sometimes SumatraPDF but usually foxit.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]Foxit Reader FTW!![/citation]
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

link for everyone... switch today!

JPForums

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
Adobe also reports that it is currently investigating this report and assessing the risk to its customers.
I get the investigating the report part, but assessing the risk? So if they don't deem the risk high enough, or the group large enough, they'll just leave the exploit there? The report is either true or false. If true, it means your software is flawed AND your customers are vulnerable. I could understand if the software were end of life, but for a piece of software that is perpetually updated anyways, why wouldn't you just fix it. Perhaps I'm missing something.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I ended up getting a Zero-Day virus that I am almost positive hid itself as a Flash Player installer. I work for a fortune 500 company (if I said the name, you would know) and we are extremely big on security, but I believe I still got this virus on our network. This virus (and variations of it) are nasty and very difficult to remove.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I am so sick of having to update (often followed by a REBOOT) my Adobe software every other week.. and why do they call it an update anyway? The downloads are as big as the original install file.. would be more accurate to call them a "reinstall with the latest version that will be almost secure for about 2 weeks!"...

Status
Not open for further replies.