seeking expert help in audio RCA (analog) from tv to receiver connection

Aug 29, 2018
I have a tv (AWA MHDV3245-O3) and would like to connect it to my receiver (Yamaha HTR 2071). I also currently have my tv connected to Xiaomi Mibox. This is my first receiver and I do not have a clue. Can someone help me. Thanks in advance

Solution
Hdmi from box to receiver. Hdmi from receiver to tv. Select the input you plugged the box into (your receiver has 4 hdmi inputs) on the receiver. Select the hdmi input on your tv that you plugged the receiver into (your tv has two). It should just work.
Aug 29, 2018

Thank you good sir. I thought the hdmi port is an input port. By the way, is there any different between the normal hdmi cable and hdmi arc cable

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
That tv doesnt appear to have ARC or any audio out.

All your devices (mibox, cable/satellite) etc connect to the receiver, then you go out from receiver to the tv. Hdmi for all connections. You change inputs at the receiver, not the tv.

Tv stays muted and all inputs play through receiver.

Aug 29, 2018
I am new to this forum and do not know how to reply. I in fact mistakenly downvoted an answer. Apologize for my action.

May I know how to set up the visual coming from the box via receiver to the TV

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hdmi from box to receiver. Hdmi from receiver to tv. Select the input you plugged the box into (your receiver has 4 hdmi inputs) on the receiver. Select the hdmi input on your tv that you plugged the receiver into (your tv has two). It should just work.

Solution
Aug 29, 2018

Thank you very much good sir. I will try it today. Your answer is very much appreciated