Seeking laptop suggestions

WolframAlpha

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
Hello, This is only like my third or fourth post, so I am fairly new to TH.
My friend thinks he needs an ASUS laptop that sports GTX 980, a 4k display, 24GB of RAM, an Intel i7 CPU for playing tanki online(think frogger 2 graphics) and supposedly Adobe after effects, but probably will use Windows Movie Maker. I tried to convince him that a $2400 laptop is a waste of money, and a $300 will do fine, he won't listen. Any suggestions?

Solution
I really wouldn't advise on this as the game he is playing is very low end. Also movie maker is not that intensive as after affects. But if he wants the best asus laptop go for the rog series. It will be overkill but it will play the game he wants and be able to use windows movie maker. But I don't know about the 4k display.
I really wouldn't advise on this as the game he is playing is very low end. Also movie maker is not that intensive as after affects. But if he wants the best asus laptop go for the rog series. It will be overkill but it will play the game he wants and be able to use windows movie maker. But I don't know about the 4k display.

Solution