seeking missing .ini & ,sys files for my camera

EdwardCarroll

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
I have a "sanyo vpc-t700bl" digital camera. For some unknown reason when the camera was released for retail sales, a number of units went out with the software files missing to enable the PC CAM feature. after some research, I determined that I am missing 2 specific files...#1: "pccam.ini" and #2 "pccam.sys". Does anyone have these (or a copy of the oem corrected disk) or know where I can obtain them on line? I've searched every resource i can locate, put so far - nothing....I could use a little help...

Hang on, let me guess you have this OLD (Note what it is listed under on the left http://us.sanyo.com/Digital-Cameras/VPC-T700-7-Megapixel-Digital-Camera) camera and now your trying to connect it to a 'new' (aka Win8) PC of some sort?

EdwardCarroll

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014

nooo....I am connecting it to my pc which contains Windows 7 Pro SP-1. Compatibility is not an issue. The OEM software/drivers for my cam work just fine with this os. the problem is (as previously stated) the mfr failed to provide 2 specific driver files with their installation cd and as a result, i am unable to utilize the "pc cam" feature on my camera. Without this software, the pc won't recognize the camera under this function. All other features work quite well for me. I'm just trying to locate these two driver files in order to enable this feature.the specified files are {pccam.sys and pccam.ini} They are specific to this camers, and for some reason I am unable to locate them anywhere....least of all the mfr. for some unknown reason. I am simply requesting information from anyone who can direct me to these 2 items that I might access and utilize this feature.....

Calm down a moment please, there is a reason I said that, because when I looked up the camera I saw http://us.sanyo.com/Digital-Cameras/VPC-T700-7-Megapixel-Digital-Camera
and it ONLY compatible with " Operating Environment Windows XP, 2000, ME / Mac OS9.0 or above".

So the software is not compatible nor made for Windows 7, and thus you can't use the camera to do 'PC CAM' feature, because how to 'tell' Windows to speak to it as a PC Cam is more then just two files "pccam.sys and pccam.ini" (just asking for these told me alot right off).

The camera is not supported anymore, does not work with 'modern' OSes (Vista forward), that isn't a " mfr failed to provide...specific driver files ", they replaced the camera with a newer model they do 'support' and sell your just refusing to buy the newer model. They refuse to go back and waste alot of money to 'fix' the problem that may just not be fixable.