Solved! Selector switches and whole home audio

Mar 31, 2019
Hi Support
I am working to setup audio in multiple rooms and I am trying determine the correct setting for multiplier jumper 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x as it relates to my situation.

Here is my situation.
Amplifier: Pioneer VSX-D608 (Impedance selector switch set to “6 less than 8 ohn’s” as all my speakers are 6 ohms. The alternate setting is "8 ohms or greater"

Speakers: NS-IW360C In ceiling speakers. 120 Watts Maximum Power Output; Frequency response: 45 Hz to 24HZz; Impedance: 6 Ohms; Cross Over Frequency: 6kHz; Sensitivity: 88dB

Speaker Volume Control: Legrand AU0100-WHLA-V1 possible jumper postions: 1x; 2x; 4x; 8x

Speaker configuration:
• 3 pairs wired in parallel.
• Pair #1: No Volume Control – direct connect to amplifier.
• Pair #2: Legrand Volume Control
• Pair #3: Legrand Volume Control

*notes on Amplifier:
• Has A/B/AB speaker selector switch setting (front speaker B terminal is only used in stereo mode)
• Continuous average power output of 100 watts * per channel, min, at 8 ohms, from 20hz to 20,000hz with no more than 0.09% ** total harmonic distortion (front)
• Front: 100W + 100W (1kHz, 0.8%, 8 omhs)
• Center 100W + 100W (1kHz, 0.8%, 8 omhs)
• Rear: 100W + 100W (1kHz, 0.8%, 8 omhs)

Can someone provide assistance with the following:
  1. Based on my amplifier, volume control and speakers, which jumper should be set on the volume control?
  2. I would like to have the speaker pair without volume control and one of the speaker pairs with volume control be set on the A speaker control (2 different rooms but same floor close to each other) and the other set of speakers that has a volume control set on the B speaker selector (second floor) - is this possible?
  3. is there a better way to set them up? Can all 3 sets of speakers be on the A speaker selection?
Thanks

you provide input into what switch settings I should set my volume control to?

Solution
You will need to use an impedance matching control for each pair. You can set the main pair to x2 and the other two pairs to x8 so that two thirds of the power can go to mains pair. That will present 8 ohms to the receiver.
You can use this calculator to play with the numbers. Just multiply 6 ohms by the setting to get the impedance to plug into each speaker value.
The advantage of connecting the secondary pairs to the B terminals is you can shut them off at the receiver when you don't want to use them. You would have to turn the volume all the way down in each room for the same result.
You will need to use an impedance matching control for each pair. You can set the main pair to x2 and the other two pairs to x8 so that two thirds of the power can go to mains pair. That will present 8 ohms to the receiver.
You can use this calculator to play with the numbers. Just multiply 6 ohms by the setting to get the impedance to plug into each speaker value.
The advantage of connecting the secondary pairs to the B terminals is you can shut them off at the receiver when you don't want to use them. You would have to turn the volume all the way down in each room for the same result.

Solution