self photo zoom out question

brianjl85

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
I'm wanting to buy a digital camera to have a better quality cam than a cell phone cam, but I'm wondering if a digital camera can zoom out enough to view your entire body while holding cam as far out as you can away from you? Or at least upper thighs on up? On a cell phone the best I can get is chest and head. If not then how would this be possible without someone to take the pic for me? Do they have timers to set them down and get in frame before it takes pic? My budget is under $100. Will be getting one with HD video and capable of good self pictures with camera at arm's length away plus HD quality photos, or very close.

Solution
they will all be better than HD photo's. the thing you need to know is the focal length of the lens. i.e. 18-200, its the smaller number that is important. The smaller the better, but it's also affected by other technical details. most will have a timer, check the specs.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
they will all be better than HD photo's. the thing you need to know is the focal length of the lens. i.e. 18-200, its the smaller number that is important. The smaller the better, but it's also affected by other technical details. most will have a timer, check the specs.

Solution