Sennheiser 363D G4me 1 Sound Distortion

SaFteiNZz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hello guys in first place thank you for reading.

Well the problem is that when I'm using them they work like they have to be working but sometimes, randomly (in time) they get an aweful sound distortion.

I repair this problem just testing another Hz format, or changing or plugging off and plugging in again. But the reparation is only temporal, I mean soon or later it gonna happen again randomly.

The thing is that I'm doing this like 1 month and I want a real solution, permament solution I hope you guys can give me some ideas because I don't know what to do.

What did i test?

- Reinstall drivers like they say in the readme inside of the driver folder (like 100 times)
- Plug them into another USB (I tested all of them 2.0 and 3.0)
- Use them without the external soundcard (connecting the jacks directly)

*The only way I don't get the distortion is using the headset without the external soundcard.

For the people that don't know how is this headset:

Is a headset that connects the 2 jacks 3.5 (mic and sound) to an external soundcard and that soundcard is plugged into an usb.

Thank you again for reading,
Kind regards.

Solution
by process of elimination, if you have no issues when not using the included soundcard...

its either
A) a problem with the soundcard. that would not surprise me as its a rather cheap dongle. if this is the case a replacement soundcard (something like a xonar dg would be fine) would work.
B) an issue with usb. you could try a powered usb hub or ground loop isolator. it could be that its a power supply issue or motherboard issue relating to your usb ports.

which is it? if you try the usb soundcard on another device (pc, laptop, etc) and it works fine then i'd say its probably not the soundcard. if it still acts up its likely the soundcard.

now, it could certainly be something else. perhaps your virtual surround sound settings...

SaFteiNZz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

No I don't, and about try in another device yes it was working in my old computer without any distortion but that computer is dead right now so I can't test it again.

And yes i got all the sound drivers of the PC installed and up to date.

Any idea? Thanks for your answer.

by process of elimination, if you have no issues when not using the included soundcard...

its either
A) a problem with the soundcard. that would not surprise me as its a rather cheap dongle. if this is the case a replacement soundcard (something like a xonar dg would be fine) would work.
B) an issue with usb. you could try a powered usb hub or ground loop isolator. it could be that its a power supply issue or motherboard issue relating to your usb ports.

which is it? if you try the usb soundcard on another device (pc, laptop, etc) and it works fine then i'd say its probably not the soundcard. if it still acts up its likely the soundcard.

now, it could certainly be something else. perhaps your virtual surround sound settings, equalizer, etc but i would have expected you to check those aready.

Solution

SaFteiNZz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

Yes I think is the external soundcard because I tested with one of a friend and it didn't get any problem for all the day

So, which one would be the best sound card 7.1 for this headset and what would you buy/recommend?

I love listening to music and I'm competitive fps player as well.

Thank you a lot btw,
Regards.

for on the cheap? a xonar dg should be sufficient and has virtual surround. quality should be equal to or greater than the original external when it still worked.

next step up would be the creative z or xonar dx which also have virtual surround.
dx has a better dac chip (same as $200 stx model) while the z has a stronger amp. i dont think you really need a strong amplifier so the dx may be slightly better if going for that budget range but its your choice.

SaFteiNZz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

Is a Asus Xonar U7 a good choice?

I want to have the "best" audio that this headphones can reproduce and if possible better than the amp was giving to me.

I'm listening the sound right now from the audio of my mobo (x99 GODLIKE) and looks pretty decent.

Thanks like always mate and sorry if i can be annoying, i don't know anything about sound cards :/

u7 is more of a home theater or speakers card. i'm not sure it supports virtual surround sound. i think the creative omni might but its no better (it may in fact be a worse choice) than an internal card. generally i suggest using an internal card unless you have a laptop or other such need (in which case an external is your only solution sometimes)

audio on the higher end motherboards is about the same as the xonar dg or a little worse. often it is suitable, but its not "the best"

i wouldnt spend a whole heck of alot on a soundcard as despite the 363d being pretty decent its not worth spending over $100 for a dac/amp/soundcard for them.

if you dont care about virtual surround (guessing you would since you're a competitive fps player though) then external dac+amp units like an e10k or a1 would work. you lose out completely on virtual surround [other than razers program or if its built into your pc already]. of course you also have the option of using an external amp with your internal sound as the dac but there isnt much point to that as the headphones arent hard to drive.

SaFteiNZz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

What about?
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus_Solo/

Decent buy or money waste?
Some many people told me works fine with 360d so it have to be the same with 363d but what do you think?

SaFteiNZz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

Hello there dude, I have been reading posts about soundcards and is all about the same, people say that is not needed and all of them are a shame.

Right now I don't even know what are sound cards for :pt1cable:

[strike]I THINK that I don't need an amp[/strike] and I THINK that I don't need a dac as well (NOT SURE).

*EDIT: Looks like I need an AMP, I was thinking they were simply amplifying a signal, but looks like they also "repair" it to make it sound better.

[strike]Apart from that I need 7.1 because my headset is stereo, so, is there any way to "emulate" the sound (program)? Could you recommend me anyone if possible?.[/strike] (nvm Razer Surround is good enough)
Thank you as always dude, Regards!

virtual surround is what i was talking about earlier.. making audio turn from stereo into sounding more like surround. razer virtual is considered the worst of the options available however it is free. sbx/cmss3d and dolby headphone are considered better but you may prefer one over the other.

there is a quality increase when using better soundcards however depending on the equipment you have connected you may or may not benefit. for most people recommending to use what you have (onboard) unless you have trouble is sufficient. for those looking to break out of that and gain some more quality then looking at soundcards is worthwhile. as i said before, some people can not notice a difference while to others it is night and day. the same is true for one headphone vs another on the same card. one headphone may not show much change while another could sound worlds apart.

SaFteiNZz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

sbx/cmss3d and dolby headphone, aren't those technologies from soundcards?

I have taken a look over them and some people say DBX PS is better, others say cmss3d and there is people that is actually saying even razer surround is better than them, others say all of them are useless...

Thats why I'm pretty damn lost, I just want the most REAL and the most clear 7.1 position audio.

Razer surround is not very bad but feels weak, DBX is in creative souncards, only 5.1 audio soundcards as they say in the website so I wouldn't rather choose those, maybe their drivers can emulate 7.1 but they don't say anything so...

The question is what do I get, and as you said me what would be the best soundcard for this headphones, or if is better just get amp+dac as you said me even more before or just look for a better 7.1 virtualization software.

To be honest i need that someone say me what is the best and what should i get because I'm a newbie in Sound specification in computers.

By the way thank you for all the help given,
Regards.

even "true" headphone surround sound (more than one driver per ear) is not the same as speaker surround (and has many flaws).

5.1 vs 7.1 there isnt much difference and as far as headphones are concerned its not important as its ALL virtual unless its a multi driver system (which still has huge audible gaps between positions).

from what i've heard cmss3d/sbx or dolby headphone are the best. cmss3d is what creative used before calling it sbx. dolby headphone is on asus cards. watch some youtube videos comparing the two.

if you want virtual, soundcards are going to give you the best reasonably priced options.

short answer: listen with headphones to youtube comparisons between the different virtual surround options. pick what you like the sound of more.