Sennheiser HD419 vs Audio-Technica ATH M30x

Minty649

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
Hey, i am looking into buying a new set of headphones. i have chosen a few and need your help deciding, but am open to other suggestions.Unfortunately, i have a budget of £50.

Sennheiser HD419:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Closed-Back-Over-Ear-Headphones-Dynamic-Black/dp/B005N8W1MO/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414600324&sr=1-4&keywords=sennheiser+hd429

Audio Technica ATH M30x:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30X-Professional-Headphones-Black/dp/B00HVLUQW8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414600995&sr=1-1&keywords=audio+technica+ath-m30x

i listen to mostly rock/punk
Thanks

Solution
I like Sennheiser (I have four sets including noise cancelling for on airplanes). You can get replacement parts for them. If those ear cups get nasty, or packed down, you can buy replacements. Some you can replace the cable also. The velvet cups on the Sennheiser will also be less sweaty than the leather/vinyl on the Audio Technica.

You can't go wrong with Sennheiser.

kanewolf

Judicious
I like Sennheiser (I have four sets including noise cancelling for on airplanes). You can get replacement parts for them. If those ear cups get nasty, or packed down, you can buy replacements. Some you can replace the cable also. The velvet cups on the Sennheiser will also be less sweaty than the leather/vinyl on the Audio Technica.

You can't go wrong with Sennheiser.

Solution

Minty649

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014

I do like them ones, but im worried that the 'Dynamic bass' on them will be too much for my liking, as i have read a few reviews saying that its drowns out quality.

kanewolf

Judicious

I don't know how anybody can give you much advice on how your ears will respond. I don't live in England so I don't know what the probability of finding a brick-and-mortar store that would let you listen to those specific models.
They are a few pounds more, but maybe the 429s would be a better choice since the bass boost is not emphasized in that description.

Minty649

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014

Found the HD439's real cheap! so gonna get them