Sennheiser HD598 or Sennheiser PC 363D headsets?

ZeldaFreak

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
See title, I'll keep it as simple as possible, but I'll list a few key things: I don't care about looks, the only time you're gonna see the headset when the important parts of the headset are being put into use is in the corner of your eyes occasionally. 2: The mic is useless to me, I couldn't care less about the mic, so don't put that into your guys's comparisons. 3: I want to make sure I can hear a Draugr approaching behind me. Now this isn't to say I need virtual 7.1, I just want it to be good enough to be able to pinpoint where a certain sound is coming from, I want to at least be able to hear if a sound is coming from ahead, to the right, to the left, or behind me. 4: This is more of a preference than a requirement, but I would prefer if you guys have used one, or if possible, both of these headsets for atleast a month or so. The reason for this is because simply testing them out while they are on display in a store isn't gonna cut it, you only get to briefly try out the headphones (Plus you can't test out anything that allows you to see if you can pinpoint sounds), and if you've only had experience with one of these headsets then you can only say good things about the headset you have, you can't compare them. And... that's about it. I'll wait till there's around 8 answers to this question before I make a decision, so I'll have plenty of opinions. Speaking of, unless there are a pair of headsets/headphones that are WAY better than these headphones, try to keep your personal opinion about the company as a whole out of this. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because I saw this exact question asked on Linustechtips and the first probably 10 responses were just bashing Sennheiser and headsets in general with no advice whatsoever. Oh, and 5: Sorry if I'm acting like a bit of a jerk, I haven't had much sleep lately :p

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Gonna cast my vote for the HD 598. I haven't tried out the PC363D, but have tried out the PC360s, as well as HD 555, 595, 558, 600, 650 and 700, and from all those, I'd pick the 598s for gaming every single time. Even though I prefer the HD600 for music and use them as my daily drivers, I still keep the 598s on standby for the occasional tryhard competitive gaming session :V

ZeldaFreak

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015

I've heard some people say that the PC 360s are almost the same as the 363Ds (Rightfully so, the name is almost identical) so you've more or less tried both of them out as far as I'm concerned, one point goes to the 598 so far!