Setup JVC Home Theater

Jun 11, 2018
Just purchased a JVC 5.1 DVD Home Theatre. I need set it up with a Lg tv, ps3 and wii. Also have a Powerwave switch that can be used.
I have 2 optic cables and other audio etc cables.
Please help me before I tear out any more hair.
Thanks.

Solution
In general you would connect all your sources directly to the TV. You would also connect the HTS/DVD to the TV for playback as well. HDMI would be the most common way to do this.
If your TV and HTS both have ARC then connect the HDMI out of the HTS to the HDMI-ARC input and turn ARC on in the TV menu. That will get sound from the TV to the HTS.
If they don't both have ARC then you will need to connect the audio output of the TV to the audio input on the HTS. Optical digital audio would be the most common, This output also needs to be turned on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output type to bitstream to get it working.
In general you would connect all your sources directly to the TV. You would also connect the HTS/DVD to the TV for playback as well. HDMI would be the most common way to do this.
If your TV and HTS both have ARC then connect the HDMI out of the HTS to the HDMI-ARC input and turn ARC on in the TV menu. That will get sound from the TV to the HTS.
If they don't both have ARC then you will need to connect the audio output of the TV to the audio input on the HTS. Optical digital audio would be the most common, This output also needs to be turned on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output type to bitstream to get it working.

Solution