Shares of Amazon, Netflix Rise From Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
If M$ buys Netflix, does that mean CrApple will buy Blockbuster? If that's the case, I wish M$ will buy Netflix.

Steve BJobs spends his money on buying a place in the organ donor waiting list. Bill Gate$ spends his money on curing AIDS and malaria and a hurricane suppression system.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
i don't see how either company buying netflix would help the consumer out. it'll be positive for stockholders but the consumer will loose from any merger as choice will be reduced and progress slowed... but this is all moot if we can't have bandwidth from ISPs that seem to want to cap and meter us...

G

@dman3k - If you think the hospital accepted a bribe from Steve Jobs to get on the organ donor waiting list you are the biggest moron on the planet. Maybe you should get your head out of your ass and research the facts. Dumbass.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
NEITHER! Netflix is better off as an independent company. Amazon would probably break it less than Microsoft though. M$ would almost certainly place additional M$-centric restrictions on the Netflix streaming service, whereas Amazon would want to widen the base as much as possible. I'll throw in that Google would be a better fit than either of the other two, but still not as good as just letting them stay independent. I think we need to start taking seriously our anti-trust trust laws. Every time a company gets big enough to become a real force in the market, they get eaten up by one of the bigger fish, keeping the number of players at a bare minimum. As another poster already wrote, the consumer usually loses out in these mega-mergers.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]@dman3k - If you think the hospital accepted a bribe from Steve Jobs to get on the organ donor waiting list you are the biggest moron on the planet. Maybe you should get your head out of your ass and research the facts. Dumbass.[/citation]

that you think his money and social status had nothing to do with it being as speedy as it was is naive to say the least... maybe it wasn't technically a 'bribe' but i'm certain money and/or consideration for future monetary exchange was part of it in some way. NOTHING in life is free...

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
i would say Microsoft(damn im gonna get flamed)because i would like to watch movies online through my 360 their i said it. hopefully they would make it cheaper but maybe im hoping to much.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Full integration of streaming services into windows media center is the next logical step IMO, in fact I think you can already do it. They just need more content to stream. I hate the idea of big companies buying smaller companies but netflix getting bought could hasten the transition to all streaming media and that would be nice.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Life was good with NF and BB competing with each other. But with BB on the verge of bankruptcy having NF fall to a bigger prey would be only a loss for the consumer.

I'll admit I'm a happy NF customer, BB not so much. That said, I think NF should stay as it is and keep it's peeps happy.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
@hanin33 - Steve jobs simply had the money to afford the transplant either through health insurance or his own personal money. Just because he has the money to afford a particular medical procedure doesn't mean he got special treatment in any way, shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.