Question Sharp 75" : screen blur and screeching noise followed by reboot

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 30, 2020
Sharp 75"
model LC-75Q7570U
Android TV OS version 9
Purchased Dec 2018

Starting approximately two weeks ago our 75" Sharp began to have this issue. Without warning screen will scramble and the tv emits a high-pitched screen noise. This usually lasts about 5 seconds and then the TV reboots itself. The timing is random, tonight it happen twice within 20minites of use. A few nights ago we almost made it through a 2 hour movie before it happened.

The problem began approximately two weeks ago after the tv prompted us to accept a software update. Prior to the software update we had not experienced any problems with this set.

I recorded a video and post on YouTube. I'll try to figure out how to post a link.

Has anyone experienced something similar? I'm open to suggestions

Thanks on advance

View: https://youtu.be/hC7nF3Okykc

Feb 3, 2021
For anyone who needs to get a hold of Hisense / Sharp call 1-888-935-8880 then punch in #1 four times waiting a moment between each punch. someone in customer service will answer you may only need to wait on hold for just a moment or two.

Feb 6, 2021
For anyone who needs to get a hold of Hisense / Sharp call 1-888-935-8880 then punch in #1 four times waiting a moment between each punch. someone in customer service will answer you may only need to wait on hold for just a moment or two.

I'll give them another try. That is the number I have called. The conversation was fine, but there has never been any follow-up. I was told I would receive a call which has never happened. I am pretty sure that the scale of this is larger than just one model of sharp tv. From what I have been able to find, I am quite certain that this sharp android update was flawed. Yes, the patch has made a difference, but if the end result is a tv that fails far before its normal lifespan, it is a sizable loss on the consumer's part.

Thank you for the information. I'm glad that some people are having better outcomes...