Sharp LC-80LE650U 80-inch - Screen flicker or glitches at the top...

Wastedfun

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
so I have a Sharp LC-80LE650U 80-inch TV that randomly flickers at the top.

I have tried multiple HDMI cables and media players. Blue-ray disks or streaming, doesn't matter.

I have tried getting a hold of sharp but for weeks they wont respond to me. I have seen the issue on youtube but no resolutions. The TV is 9mo old and I think I have a year warranty, so I want to see if this is a configuration issue or a TV issue fast...

My video on it is here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WEnSjw0ieY

Solution
If it was a config issue, it would be doing it only under a certain config. Are you going through a receiver for everything? Have you eliminated that and went straight blu-ray to TV?

My roomies Sharp Aquos started doing this about 13 months in, then no video, then red screen, then nothing. Sharp was no help and was basically you are SOL, it was 13 months, 1 month over the warranty. He had bought an extended warranty. They "tried" for 2 months to find a replacement main board for it and couldn't. Finally, they had to either offer him another new Sharp Aquos or store credit. He opted for the credit and got something else. He's not a fan of Sharp anymore and probably never will again. Good thing he got the extended warranty or it...
If it was a config issue, it would be doing it only under a certain config. Are you going through a receiver for everything? Have you eliminated that and went straight blu-ray to TV?

My roomies Sharp Aquos started doing this about 13 months in, then no video, then red screen, then nothing. Sharp was no help and was basically you are SOL, it was 13 months, 1 month over the warranty. He had bought an extended warranty. They "tried" for 2 months to find a replacement main board for it and couldn't. Finally, they had to either offer him another new Sharp Aquos or store credit. He opted for the credit and got something else. He's not a fan of Sharp anymore and probably never will again. Good thing he got the extended warranty or it would have been $3000 down the drain.

Solution

3thereal

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012