sherewood rx-4209 has no good base

Bluering48

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
Just bought the sherewood rx-4209, today, sound is ok, but I am disappointed with the base. I put the base to the max, it just makes it louder, you don't really have any base. Is my unit faulty or this is how it is. I am using the speakers from my old Sanyo Hifi and from my Sanyo, as you press the bass button down you really can hear the difference, but with the sherewood, it just makes it louder.

Solution
get one of the speaker wires and reverse the
+/- connectors to the amp. It may be that the speakers are out of phase cancelling out the bass.
If that doesnt work it could just be a faulty product. I had a sherwood amp given to me a while ago and was not happy with the sound, they are ver flat sounding. Switched to a newer pioneer amp and it sounds brighter, clearer and less muddy

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
get one of the speaker wires and reverse the
+/- connectors to the amp. It may be that the speakers are out of phase cancelling out the bass.
If that doesnt work it could just be a faulty product. I had a sherwood amp given to me a while ago and was not happy with the sound, they are ver flat sounding. Switched to a newer pioneer amp and it sounds brighter, clearer and less muddy

Solution
The bass button on your Sanyo was also "only making the bass louder" but since it went with those speakers it did so in just the right way for those speakers. The tone controls for the Sherwood are not designed just for those speakers.
The Sherwood is not a great receiver but OK for the money. I suspect you should invest in some better speakers or if you are happy with them except for the bass add a powered subwoofer.