Shopping, Again for Workstation replacement

Aug 16, 2012
I need workstation replacement with real processing power for CAD and compiling.

Here is my gripe overall of past and present devices:
Cooling: Typical configurations typically do not provide for sufficient cooling for the paces I put my laptop through. So have been considering diving into gaming class.
Keyboards: I'm a touch typist and am having trouble finding that comfortable keyboard where keys do not flex or echo. Another reason to consider a gaming class.
Both of these in recent purchases have really turned into pet peeves for me.

Needed: enough ports to allow for docking station for multiple monitors and external optical drive (yes, believe it or not, my work world still has not grown up all the way.)

So...community who are both keyboard and cooling snobs--where should I start looking first?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 16, 2012

Thanks I guess I should clarify. Looking for laptop (mobile) device with workstation storage and capacity. :)

Do you know the manufacturer's off hand that offer the closed loop liquid cooler as an option?

Aug 16, 2012
Wow, found a review here on their Panther 5D--will look to see if this model was reviewed as well. Fan cooled it would be noisy (non concern for me actually--just am tired of thermal limits being breeched) but feel they actually did invest in ensuring health, safety, longevity of the components. Also, The keyboard looks to be of textured traditional feel and look. Thank you for the suggestion, does on first look to be the workhorse I need.

Aug 16, 2012
I did see that with Panther 5D review and multiple Power Source configuration, and that too has me intrigued. But here again, my travel and usage--well, it is low on priorities that I would need to not to be plugged in. Truth is my investments in batteries for longevity because of power usage are high, battery life are pretty darn short lived to begin with, I've already adjusted that "want" to meet a reality....but as always, technology evolves, would welcome an invite to learn about newer.

legokill101

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
ok just wanted to make sure but yeh if batery life is not a concern and it sounds like your more using it for transportable then yeh thats about as good as it gets for portatable workstations but if you do want real portability that company offers other options with mobile processors that are better suited