Should Brand New Laptop Make Sort of Fan Noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamara_14

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi I just bought a new Laptop Dell Inspiration 5000 I am happy with the laptop its fast but since the first day I have noticed that fan turns on sometimes making a noise, it is not excessively loud but its still a noise, and I was wondering is it all right for a brand new laptop to be making fan noises? I am not running multiple programs just browsing but fan turns on for few seconds and then goes silent. Is this normal or should I get it exchanged?

Thanks

Mar 21, 2018
There seems to be an horrendous problem with Dell fan noise on some laptops. I returned my Dell laptop because of this. This was after Dell took it away to be repaired (It came back exactly the same).

I've now got an HP laptop (of the same specification) which I'm very happy with it. The fan is much, much, quieter.

Sep 21, 2018

Hi dear,
I am also facing the same problem, is there any solution you got to fix it.

Mar 21, 2018
It was my intention to use my laptop for recording and sound production. The Dell laptop I got was ridiculously noisy, even though it had a solid state drive.

In my opinion, it is clear that Dell have a design error with the particular model I had. It could be to do with the way the fan is mounted. It could be to do with the type of fan (cheap?). Either way, the problem was intensely annoying.

I returned the Dell Laptop. The situation was ridiculous.

I bought an equivalent specification HP laptop and have not had a problem with fan noise at all. Of course, there was all the hassle of transferring the software over (A long process). It was worth it.

I'll never buy Dell again.

After a few months, my HP laptop continues to do what I want - run quietly, perform well and allow me to make music.

My advice is don't go wasting time over this situation - it's a design error, nothing will correct it. My advice: return or sell your Dell, buy an HP. Sorted.

Sep 25, 2018
Same things happening to me I just received the Dell Inspiration 15 5000 and it's making super loud noises which is really annoying. I have had an old 4 year laptop and that never made these noises. any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.