Should I invest in Bitcoin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
No, that's a waste of $100. It would have to go up THOUSANDS of dollars for you to make $5 when you include the exchange fees you'd face when buying your $100 worth of coin, and more fees when you sell it. You'd be much better off buying $100 worth of something else like litecoin, ethereum, or zcash.

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Every article I have read so far on the current state of Bitcoin seems to think that it will keep rising, but there will be a correction/crash very soon. I'd say it'd be okay for a quick flip once it peaks, but many investors seem to think that it is going to peak soon. Of course we won't know until it happens, but that's the prediction.

EDIT: So far Bitcoin has seemed to be a worthwhile investment for MANY people, and even turned a couple people into billionaires. If you're in it for the long con, Bitcoin is worth investing in to since the difficulty of mining Bitcoin continues to go up, meaning the price will continue to rise over long periods of time. This topic is something you should probably research yourself, there are MANY articles on the Internet that could help influence your decision.

Death Valley

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Honnestly just with how far things went for the crypto-currency I excpect this bubble to burst soon. Maybe not right now but in the relative near-future. I myself kind of regret not having invested just one euro back when it was worth nothing :D
But hey, now you have to fork over huge amounts of cash (more than 13k in us dollars isn't it ?) just to get one of them. If the value was still like half or even a quarter of that I'd say Lord yes, go for it. This is the opinion of many though, I could be in the wrong banwagon; depends if you are tight on money but I myself wouldn't try it now.
And I completely agee with Justin: indeed you should make your own research on the market, maybe ask a few invesors if you can and are serious about going all in.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006

It's not a safe investment but it could be a lucrative one.
Just make sure you set a stop-loss so it will auto sell before it suddenly tanks.

If multiple countries keep banning it's usage and markets (like Steam) stop accepting them it will cause the value to tank.

So you could loose most of your $100 or you could walk away with over $700 (if it gets close to $91,000 in value).
The reality is that no-one can tell what will happen with the value of bitcoins.

Matt_163

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
The current price of bitcoin is $15,555.00. If the rise of bitcoin is going to fall, what are the chances that it would rise again? If the price dropped to a very low value and a lot of people invested in it, what would that do to the market? I was just wondering if it is worth to put in this little amount of money.

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

The price of bitcoin depends on the demand. Right now it's in very high demand, so the price is skyrocketing. I'd say if the price drops like a rock now, it probably won't ever recover. That's my guess though (and I'm no expert).

As I said before, if you want to do a quick flip and make maybe $50-100 max, then it's fine cause you could sell it at its peak. That's also assuming it even doubles in the future. It's a bit risky as far as investments go considering the timing, and none of us can really say if it's worth it. That's up to you.

AnonymousAndy

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
No, that's a waste of $100. It would have to go up THOUSANDS of dollars for you to make $5 when you include the exchange fees you'd face when buying your $100 worth of coin, and more fees when you sell it. You'd be much better off buying $100 worth of something else like litecoin, ethereum, or zcash.

Solution

Matt_163

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Should I invest in etherium instead? Its around 450-500 dollars

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
You need to be careful with crypto currency. While some invest and get returns. Others do not. It's like playing the stock market.

You should do some research before just jumping into it. I decided to invest in litecoin because it was made by bitcoin teams but its also newer and cheaper because its not as well known.

Issue with bitcoin is that its been around awhile and many people are trying to invest in it.

Also vendors like steam dropped support for bitcoin, which is kind of scary because how large steam is...

So be careful. Only use money you are willing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.