Should I jump on this deal? R9 m275 lenovo y40

Matttemple15

Estimable
May 30, 2015
Hi! So here's the deal, I have been looking for some decent and cheap gaming laptops. Through my search I have really narrowed it down to the lenovo y40 or 50. I really don't want to bust my bank and through my searching I found a lenovo y40 for $ 450. This seems like its a great deal to me but my question is, is it worth another 200 bucks to get the y50? I wanted something portable as it would be my work computer as well. Let me know what you all think. Is the $450 lenovo cheap enough that I should just stick with it?

Solution

rannon

Estimable
May 24, 2014
what are you gonna do with it the most , general computing , or hard core gaming ( the y40 and y50 respectively lol )

the r7 m275 is no slouch , but its not the " ultra 1080p 60fps " card either it is in the lower category of gaming gpu ..
what i mean is , gamers like lol players or dota 2 or even mmorpg gamer will be satisfied with its performance , but in games like bf4 ,etc its performance with bee adequate (medium settings 50fps+ maybe ? )

the y50 comes with a gtx 860m that will soon be upgraded to a gtx 960m if im correct , not sure when but soon according to lenovo
now this card for the price hauls ass
it is the go to mobile card if you want to play with high details at 1080p in games like bf4 without breaking the bank ( ultra-high no AA , 60+ fps in bf4) also , the y50 comes with a quad core intel opposed to the dual core in the y40

so in my honest opinion , go for the y50 and thank me later , that laptop is worth around 1000$
so your getting a amazing deal which i am super jealous right now! (xD )

select this as the answer to close this thread if your satisfied , happy computing man! :D

Matttemple15

Estimable
May 30, 2015

So you think that even though i found the y40 for 450 it is worth it to put down 200 extra to get it for 650? I am a fairly avid gamer, love to play bf4 and i was hoping to not have to settle for gaming in 720p.

rannon

Estimable
May 24, 2014

definitely dude ! you will not regret it later on , also the gtx960m is essentially a renamed 860m thats clocked slightly higher , so there is no point waiting too lol ,

the card in not the "ultra type " but most games you can play on high for 60 fps average ... and the money your getting it for is such an amazing deal! , go grab it while you can sir! at 1080p (at 720p , this card can can max anything out lol with some AA too! xD)

it also runs very cool the laptop , doesn't overheat ... so you will also benefit from the GPU boost 2.0!

good-luck!
satisfied with this answer ? , select this to close the thread to help others find their solutions! cheers!

Solution