Solved! Should I overclock my MSI GF63 laptop.

Mar 4, 2019
I want to squeeze all the gaming performance I can out of this laptop, but I'm worried overclocking it would cut the lifespan too short. I understand that overclocking will cut the lifespan of the CPU/Vram (what I will overclock). I need this laptop to work for the next five years. I will be using the Msi Dragon Center turbo feature to overclock it, so I don't think there is too much harm. Does anyone know the answer or have done it to your own laptop?

Solution
Yes overclocking increases the risk of damage or crashing, doubly so in laptops. If you want the best chance to have the system to be working for the longest time, leave it at stock speeds. Just because someone overclocked their system and it was fine does not mean yours will also. You are dealing with % of chances and risk, not absolutes. Overclocking means higher chance of failure, no way to know if it will fail, or how much higher the chance is, it is just higher.
Yes overclocking increases the risk of damage or crashing, doubly so in laptops. If you want the best chance to have the system to be working for the longest time, leave it at stock speeds. Just because someone overclocked their system and it was fine does not mean yours will also. You are dealing with % of chances and risk, not absolutes. Overclocking means higher chance of failure, no way to know if it will fail, or how much higher the chance is, it is just higher.

Solution