Should I Purchase the Kingston Hyperx Cloud 2?

SebastianHELP

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
Hello, after buying a pair of Logitech G430s I have decided to buy a new pair of headphones due to the amount of sound and application issues the G430s have given me. After a brief research on which specific headphone to purchase the Kingston Hyperx Cloud 2's shined the brightest. With a good price (In Australia) and with good ratings It seems like a perfect pair of headphones, but I would like to know if any of you guys have experienced any major issues with the headphones, for example the G430s have a major issue with their sound being too low even when maxed out, I want to know if the Kingston Hyperx Cloud 2s have the same issue so I don't waste my money. My Pc does not have an internal Sound card ( not that I know of, or it has a default) so take in consideration the difference of using the USB Port and also if the Kingston Hyperx Cloud 2s are good for listening to music, gaming and have surround sound like the G430s . Thank you

Solution
I bought that headset recently and returned it. The simulated 7.1 surround sound was decent but I didn't notice enough of a improvement over my $35 Turtlebeach X12 to justify the $100 price. Another negative for me as that there is no software (at least by Kingston) to adjust the settings/surround and the only settings on the headset are volume/mic (X12 has volume/mic/bass). As far as volume they were definitely loud enough but the bass was lacking and the simulated surround was a little bit better then the X12 (as far as hearing footsteps on BF4) but really didn't provide much of an improvement.

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
I bought that headset recently and returned it. The simulated 7.1 surround sound was decent but I didn't notice enough of a improvement over my $35 Turtlebeach X12 to justify the $100 price. Another negative for me as that there is no software (at least by Kingston) to adjust the settings/surround and the only settings on the headset are volume/mic (X12 has volume/mic/bass). As far as volume they were definitely loud enough but the bass was lacking and the simulated surround was a little bit better then the X12 (as far as hearing footsteps on BF4) but really didn't provide much of an improvement.

Solution

Farranuk

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
Hi there!
I bought myself some 2 months ago and haven't had any issue, I think the sound quality is very good and i use them as my everyday headphones now, I will admit I haven't owned many closed headphones and no others in this price bracket so its hard to compare in quality of sound but build quality is great. I found no difference in sound using the standard jack and usb, unless you have the surround sound on obviously.

I find them very comfortable to wear for hours on end (unless theyre round your neck then its hard to look down!) and they stay well even when walking etc.

On warmer days i find the fake leather cups can make you sweat a bit but there is another less sweat inducing spare set which comes with it (can't remember the material off the top of my head)

Only thing that really concerns me is the wires going from the headband to the ear pieces as it is quite thin and a few times my fingers have landed on it when removing my headphones.
Saying that though the kitten has had a good old go at it a few times and its still perfectly fine!