Question Should I replace my battery?

Nov 12, 2021
Hey There.

So I've had my laptop for about a year and a half now, and the battery health has really started to take a toll. My battery's capacity was originally 48,944 mWh which lasted me upwards of 6-7 hours of battery life. However, I noticed recently the battery barely lasts longer than 2 hours and the maximum capacity has decreased to 33,364 mWh.

Instinctively I went looking online for battery replacements, however, all the ones that I could find that were compatible with my laptop were only 33,000 mWh.

Is there any point in replacing the battery or will it likely last the same amount of time as it does now?

My laptop model is SF314-41-R974.

Any help is greatly appreciated

A year and a half is not a great life. Your math doesn't make sense. if you are really accessing the battery capacity then the 6-7 hour original life should be more like 4-5 hours now. If you run for long periods of time on battery and charge it every day then you have probably 500 or so cycles which may be about all you can expect. However, I would also look at settings/system/battery to see which apps are eating your battery. I'm not sure this accounts for everything, however, as things like services are not listed here (and viruses likely are not either). Have you tried to procure a new battery from Acer? They should be able to supply the exact replacement.