Question Should I switch to a Pixel 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2021
Hey guys, I currently have an iPhone 11 Pro Max but I am debating switching to a Google phone and staying with Google due to a bit of a feud between my families business and Apple.

Would it be a smart move to buy a Pixel 5 now, or wait for the next Pixel phone?

james.m

Prominent
Sep 26, 2020
Unless you can wait till October 2021 (when new pixel will come) you can go for Pixel 5. But note that pixel 5 processor is actually slower than pixel 4. So compare the specs according to your requirements before coming on to a decision.

Jan 26, 2021
Absolutely NOT! I thought my awful Pixel 2 was just a fluke and I actually bought a Pixel 4, but it's just as terrible. My $100 LG budget phone was WORLDS beyond any of the Pixels. I won't buy another Google product they're so bad. Especially if you're coming from Iphone. You're gonna hate the Pixel.

jagdishsingh

Banned
BANNED
Jan 13, 2021
This is my first Pixel phone coming from an iPhone which I absolutely loved and didn't think I would change brands. But with all the great recommendations from online tech reviewers who got it in advance I thought I would take a chance at Google with the Pixel 5. I am so glad I did! I ordered from Amazon because shipping was way faster (yay for prime 1-day shipping!) Vs ordering direct from Google and waiting a week.

This phone is nice and "small" and fits great in my hand compared to all the huge phones we have out today. Battery life is VERY good and I love that is has wireless charging. I picked up a 10W wireless charger from Amazon too. Little things like the Now Playing feature which identifies the song that is playing in the background and gives you a notification are amazing (uses the same chip as the one that listens for "Ok Google" command). The display (which can also be set to be "always-on") is very nice and smooth scrolling due to 90 hertz refresh rate (refreshes 90 frames for second) compared to regular phones which are 60 hertz. It makes the phone feel faster almost bouncy and text is sharper. The cameras are amazing, especially in low light. I am still amazed how it makes rooms dimly lit look so bright and crisp. I've never seen anything like it from a camera phone. It's a very easy camera to use and almost 95% of the time you get an amazing shot.

Everything on this phone just works, seamlessly and efficiently. There are so many features that I haven't listed that make this device just a pleasure to use everyday. Google has certainly knocked it out of the park with the Pixel 5. Get it and see for yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.