Should I upgrade from S5 to Moto X Pure?

ctbrown

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
Should I upgrade from S5 to Moto X Pure?
I still have a year left on my Verizon contract, but I really like the idea of ditching all that Verizon bloatware and having a bigger screen. Thoughts?

I don't really know if that's much of an 'upgrade'. The Moto X Pure has slightly better internals, but that's offset by having to power the larger screen and the end result should be very similar real-world performance. The lack of bloatware is a great draw, but as somebody who roots all their phones, I don't see this is much of an issue. In terms of an upgrade, this one would be lateral and lackluster (at least to me), especially if you need to break a contract to do so. I'd think big and go for something better, but of course that also means spending more money.

ctbrown

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014

Thanks for replying. I don't see how this is breaking a contract, just buying a new phone from a 3rd party on my own dime. My plan is to either move the sim card from my S5 to the new phone or get a new sim and pay the transfer fee...$30 I think. I would probably give the old S5 to my son, also by transferring the sim card, who is on my family plan.

BTW - I'm also looking for a larger screen.

Larger screen is also a plus for me.

TRENDING THREADS