Should i use advanced system care free edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
This is one of the few utilities that is free and has not only cleeaning ablilties but also has a safe browser feature and some other security features?
My question is and i hope i am asking in the right forum, should i use ASC free
to keep key gaming tower clean of junk and also have some active security features?
I use windows defender as my anti virus.

drkatz42

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014

I've used ASC free in the past and it's good at cleaning the junk. Currently I'm using CCleaner. There are some very good options for free antivirus... Bit Defender and Panda rate very well.

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

is ccleaner hard to set up or is it at a good default setting already?
I don't really know what should be deleted and what should stay in my PC?

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
CCleaner is a good program, but it is not an antivirus or antimalware. What it will do is keep your system... Clean. It will scan your registry and remove items that are no longer needed because something was uninstalled. It will clean up unneeded files on your hard drive(s). Those kinds of things. Its a nice thing to have around. But it will not protect you from anything.

Earlier, I linked an antivirus article from Toms Guide, which is another part of the Toms sites. Read that. I have been working with computers for over 35 years, and even I learned things from that. And as I posted earlier, page 5 of that article covers the free stuff that you can use, and tells you want to run together to really have some good protection for your system. For free.

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
will do thanks

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

Well i do not know your experiences with ASC but i just tried it for the hell of it and it DEFINITELY sped up my surfing experience!
CCleaner did Not help this issue at all!
I was having issues with pages not opening/ loading very fast before on google chrome and i ran ACS
and now it is lightning fast?
As soon as i click the link it opens the page immediately now!
Before i had to wait about 10 seconds for a page to open and load.
So all i can say is ASC may not have worked for you,but it made my surfing exeprience worlds better now ;)

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

I see thanks for that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.