Should I use the VIZIO - E-Series 50" Black Detail setting or should I leave to set to off?

myaccount1234

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015
On the review website lcdtvbuyingguide.com. The review for the VIZIO - E-Series 50" it says that "The Black Detail feature increases black saturation and boosts contrast"http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/vizio-lcd-tv/vizio-e50-c1.html
But on Rting.com its recommended settings has that feature off. When I use the feature and compare it to some dark scenes of my video game screen shots from Watch Dogs and Metro 2033 Redux I noticed it helped the picture. I thought that Black Detail feature increases the black level to show more detail but doesn't lower it as it seem to do in for my comparison. When I was doing the comparison I noticed in the game Watch Dogs the blacks got deeper and better with the Black Detail setting was set to high, then when it was turned to off. Should I use it or not use it. Does it affect the blacks and make them not as deep as the TV states that Black Detail setting increases black scenes to show more detail. This goes against the review and my findings.

Solution
Actually, what you should do it just run a calibration program... That would give you much better results. As an alternative, you could try searching for your model for popular calibration settings and use that as a reference/guide if you don't have software.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Actually, what you should do it just run a calibration program... That would give you much better results. As an alternative, you could try searching for your model for popular calibration settings and use that as a reference/guide if you don't have software.

Solution