Should You Upgrade to OS X Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
"The best change is the three finger side-to-side swipe that takes you between your applications and multiple Desktops (the new Spaces)."

Is it me, or does this sound like it's going to ruin your browsing experience? Currently, you use a 3-finger swipe to go back and forward through webpages. Now, you'll have to manually click on the back/forward buttons.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Hmm..

Wonder how many upgrades has Apple done with 10.x? I lost count. Lets Microsoft Windows in the past 10 years? 3 upgrades so far?

G

After 25+ years the Mac OS still has single digit market share; a pretty sobering statistic that isn't gonna change, no matter how little they charge or what they do. It is game over for the Mac OS. Fuhgetuboutit

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]"The best change is the three finger side-to-side swipe that takes you between your applications and multiple Desktops (the new Spaces)."Is it me, or does this sound like it's going to ruin your browsing experience? Currently, you use a 3-finger swipe to go back and forward through webpages. Now, you'll have to manually click on the back/forward buttons.[/citation]

I have this on one computer and HATE it. You have to have all three fingers down before you swipe and, while this sounds like no-brainer, it's a pain. I will often (like 75%) start the swipe with two fingers before the third hits the pad. . . it's horrid.

Perhaps Mac will have it running flawlessly and will interpret the third finger hitting correctly. . . but I doubt it cause it's fingers. . .

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Hey toms, why don't you create a filter that checks for links to any blacklisted shopping sites? It seems like I've seen some of these ads before...

Status
Not open for further replies.