Sierra Shutting Down Game Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmandude

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2003
the list of games going offline are impressive! many of these games where considered pioneers in thier genre. I suppose this is revende for what sierra did to Origin... it's a harsh world, sad i guess...
but eventually, newer , younger studios will emerge and new title will come ^^ I can't wait!! ^^

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
These games weren't just awesome, they still are imo. I feel like replaying Homeworld/Cataclysm.. I wouldn't be able to do that if SecuCRAP was around back then!

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
always disappointed that they never completed the babylon 5 game. great television show. i began to run through the b5 dvd collection last week and looky what shows up here. funny how things happen like that.

G

Not really related to game servers, but I remember my first Sierra game, Betrayal at Krondor. Such a great game....

G

My first Sierra game which they later sold was The Realm. First MMORPG, and I would spend endless hours on that back in around 97.

G

The first Sierra game I ever played was Space Quest - loved those quest games... stopped playing PC games after they went out of style.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
...King's Quest ][ on the Apple //e... it took about 30 seconds every time you went from screen to screen to re-draw the new screen you'd gone to.

It was 'nearly' 3d back on a box with only 64K memory and a single 5.25" drive.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]NOLF2! [/citation]

Holy Crap - I still have NOLF2 in the shrinkwrap! One of those games I never got around to playing, but bought because I liked the original game so much... Man, time flies!

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]fazers_on_stun[/nom]Holy Crap - I still have NOLF2 in the shrinkwrap! One of those games I never got around to playing, but bought because I liked the original game so much... Man, time flies![/citation]
Go play it, it's a good game. I never played the original so I can't compare them, but NOLF2 is one of my favourite FPS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS