Silent laptop for Matlab

sg594

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I already have a primary laptop, but just need a more portable one that can support basic programming and Matlab, besides the basic everyday use. i will not be using it for any gaming.
Are there any suggestions to what I should get, also my budget is quite limited, around 500-600$

1. What is your budget? 500~600$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13.3'' or less

3. What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't really matter

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? 5-6 hrs.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No gaming

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Matlab, basic programming (C++)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 128GB~500GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2~3 yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Doesn't really matter.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Open to any suggestions, just not Acer.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

My main concern is its portability and that it may support the basic programming and matlab program.

2/4GB RAM should suffice and i3/i5 would be great, but open to any other suggestions.

Solution

Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Solution