Simple charge port replacement or mobo dead?

DreadCalm

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
My Samsung RV511 has had a dodgy charge port for a while and needed wiggling to get it working, foolishly I left it to worsen until it stopped working altogether.
So I've taken the board out hoping I could simply solder a new port in, but looking at it I'm now wondering if it may be pointless. One solder point is scorched one side, and the jack has another scorch mark the other side. There is no sign of any other damage or scorching anywhere else on the board, but I don't wanna waste all that time fitting a new port that still won't work.
Have a look at pics and see what u think, worth the gamble of fitting a new one or mobo definitely dead???

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Liam_Reeve/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
I have never known that fix to completely work either. The end result is always "it works, but it doesn't charge as good" or something to that degree. I hate to say it, but if that same board is not available, I would toss it.

himynameisraz

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
Non sense...spend a few bucks and try to fix it, or toss the entire laptop? Come on man lol. Is your time really worth that much? Get a new DC socket and solder that sucker. If it works, then cool. If it doesn't, then at least you tried.