Site Microsoft Launches XboxVideo.com Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerman230

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
The whole branding is wrong. Xbox is for games. the whole logo/design is for gamers. it won't attract your average Joe looking for a good movie to watch.

Peacelol

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
The whole branding is wrong. Xbox is for games. the whole logo/design is for gamers. it won't attract your average Joe looking for a good movie to watch.
It's not marketed to only attract the single average Joe. It's marketed to target all wants of entertainment. It's a narrow minded view to think that one should limit a product like a console to just games in this day and age.

Why buy a smart phone? I mean buy a cheap text and call, then buy a point and shoot camera, then buy a laptop. Yea.... how about no. The better solution is provide an all-in-one device that's able to provide you with all the features you want. Why do you think Xbox360 started pulling ahead after years on the market? It had nothing to do with just its gaming platform, their multimedia features allowed them to attract an additional audience and be apart of another market.

It's rather amusing seeing these ridiculous comments for PS4 on how it's "pure" gaming console. Yet those same people own Android phones and praise the multiple features such as voice and gesture control. So why don't they buy an iPhone for more simple features or even better some cheap $10 pay as you go?

Even Sony is starting to realize they weren't pushing media applications enough.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I hate the Xbox branding on everything entertainment. I am using the XBoxMusic service right now and I think it could use some improvement from Social Media. It could also use radio stations and suggested playlists. Right now it feels pretty bare without the ability to troll comments and pick out playlists to hear something new.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
So PS4 supports twitch, and Microsoft has to be "innovative" and opens up with this? Two weeks later every relevant streamer will still be on twitch.

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
In addition to what Peacelol said...
Xbox One don't game any less because it has more features, just like a smartphone cant call/text any less because it can do... well... almost anything!

The PS4 is still building on the old 'a dedicated device for everything', and no one wants that any more. Why have 2+ devices for different stuff, when one device can do it all?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
how is this news ??? windows 8 has hooked up to the xbox video service since day 1. and NO you don't need your box to watch the HD versions. I already own 6-8 moives all bought through win 8 , and they are ALL HD , and all downloaded directly to my hard drive or available for streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.