SkyDrive New Features; Usage Doubled in Last Six Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
I use it as a part of my back up system for my photos. I know Microsoft is trying, but the interface could still use some more work. It just doesn't feel as intuitive as some of its competitors.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
"Doubled" is meaningless without some numbers. 100 to 200 users? 50 million to 100 million?

While many of you have told us that you love being able to have everything in one place and access it from anywhere, you've also said that sometimes you want to be more selective with the files you sync to each device,
I'm sure repressive governments love it too.

And it's a stretch to credit the gain entirely to Win8:
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-8-sales-well-below-projections-plenty-blame-go-around

Overall this seems like another marketing puff piece and further proof that Zak is just a shell script triggering on keyword. :D

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Not "undoubtedely due to Win 8 devices" as millions use Sky Drive via Hotmail. I use Win 7 and Hotmail and it's great but unless you have figures then your assertion can't be confirmed.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]I use it as a part of my back up system for my photos. I know Microsoft is trying, but the interface could still use some more work. It just doesn't feel as intuitive as some of its competitors.[/citation]

The strange thing is that some of MS's competitors use MS/Amazon servers

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]and the ability to shrink photos when they go online.[/citation]
They should've implemented that prior to launch - the campus days photos are 4-6MB each on the spydrive and there are 2.2GB of those after the event .....

Status
Not open for further replies.