Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
God forbid the customer saves some money...
If the Telcom companies didn’t rip us off we wouldn’t resort to programs such as Skype.

cabose369

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
A believe the title should read: Skype: A threat TO Russian Secutiy.

A Threat of Russian Security isn't proper English and doesn't make sense.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Kevin Parrish[/nom]Skype was not immediately available for comment.[/citation]
lol... I just about died on this one. Skype doesn't provide any support or contact over the phone. If you have any issues with your Skype service, you are supposed to go to their forums, fill out a template, and the response can take up to 4 days.

No phone support from a company that provides you with telephone service? Ironic.

G

Is that an almost Chinese fear of encrypted, untraceable calls I hear?

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I use ICQ... granted, I've been using Pidgin to gain access to my ICQ account and I used Trillian for a long time before Pidgin... but ICQ is the only messenger I actually have maintained over the years.

Most of my friends use it.

Wtf are people using these days anyways? AIM? No thanks.

G

They're probably throwing a fit because they can't tap the conversations and monitor everything that's going on.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I always guessed that telecom profits would one day start causing issues for free encrypted VOIP.

I guarantee there either already exists, or will soon exist, a non-free state-telecom controlled VOIP service for Russians that will be the only one allowed in Russia.

Bloody Russia.

G

Russia and most of the other countries have still a great deal to learn from the ultra paranoid US government in term of national security. I guess Americans are so used to the various measures that they don't notice them anymore.

Bloody ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.