Skype Co-founder Wants To Offer Free 4G LTE via FreedomPop

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]IF this starts up the way they want it, it will OK in the beginning, then they'll get greedy, like every wireless provider out there.[/citation]

No they'll realize they're in way over their heads and start jacking up prices.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
"FreedomPop won't sell devices, but it will loan out modems as long as customers put down a deposit. Three items will be up for borrowing: a USB dongle, a mobile hotspot and a third mystery device. "

Mystery device?
A Cell Phone?

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I live in a "Clear" area, and their 4G WiFi services is spotty at best. I tried it with a USB modem as I wanted to replace the goon squad, Time Warner, for my internet service. Their 3G was much faster than their 4G in my home, so I returned the modem the next day.

I certainly hope that if this comes about, it will be more widely available. I am keeping my eye open for any opportunity to replace the "goon squad."

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]nhat11[/nom]No they'll realize they're in way over their heads and start jacking up prices.[/citation]

Considering what Skype sold for, and the fact you don't even know all the details, Id say there is a good chance they know what they're doing.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
For those who didn't read the whole thing, it is not free, only if you call paying $5 per month free, it will cost you something either equipment or deposit it will cost something, for it to be free it would have to be an app I can launch anywhere without any of the deposits or limitation.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Got a few questions but I'm very interested if they provide service here...
How fast?
How much for the premium service?
What are the data caps?
If they are cheaper than my cable company I would love to climb aboard! : )
Cause the cable internet I am paying for is a total ripoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.