Skype drains performance

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
hey guys!
so i have the newest version of Skype, and i gotta say, it is CRAP. whenever i am in a conversation with someone it just so slow and not responsive. it's like it is working at less than 1 FPS. i try to hang up to someone, add someone to the conversation or even type anything becomes nearly impossible because it take forever to response.
not to mention when i'm playing games.
it DRAINS performance. like, takes it all. i get 20 FPS less while playing game such as BF4 while skyping. i am using a laptop, but this is a sager NP9150 with 7970m and this shouldn't happen. i've also noticed it runs at admin mode, if that changes anything.
thanks for reading!

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
make sure you laptop power setting is set on performance mode. If you are on balanced mode or energy saving it will throttle the CPU and you will notice a large drop in performance.

If that is not the case you may want to try and go to an earlier version of skype or try a different service like google hangouts.

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
make sure you laptop power setting is set on performance mode. If you are on balanced mode or energy saving it will throttle the CPU and you will notice a large drop in performance.

If that is not the case you may want to try and go to an earlier version of skype or try a different service like google hangouts.