Skype Takes a Small Step Forward on Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Oh yeah, I'm sure wireless carriers are happy about Skype!
Hopefully one day, carriers will be forced to make texting and voice into the data plan.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]Oh yeah, I'm sure wireless carriers are happy about Skype! Hopefully one day, carriers will be forced to make texting and voice into the data plan.[/citation]

Wireless carriers will simply burn at some point. There's already so much Wi-Fi in my town that I can just forget ever using my carrier's services and call everyone through Skype.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I can't imagine how stupid people are to use skype. It's just insanely overpriced compared to other voip providers.
AND there's tons of apps capable of using ANY voip service. It just has to be configured but it's so easy.
Myself having unlimited data on my cell phone I don't make any "normal" phone call since 2010.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]Oh yeah, I'm sure wireless carriers are happy about Skype! Hopefully one day, carriers will be forced to make texting and voice into the data plan.[/citation]

Actually, I think that they are. The reason is that we're still paying the same amount, but using less of their resources.

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
[citation][nom]tntom[/nom]Finally!!! Downloaded it to my LG Quantum yesterday. Much better interface than the Android version.[/citation]

I agree that the Android interface leaves a little bit to be desired, especially in the video chat regard. I worry about what will happen to Skype now that Microsoft is holding the reins. Will we see extreme priority given to the experience on Microsoft phones only?

Status
Not open for further replies.