News Sling TV's new redesigned app is a huge upgrade — we went hands-on

Jun 30, 2021
The new Sling TV app is great — but leaves us wanting more. Here's what's great about it, and what Sling should deliver.

Sling TV's new redesigned app is a huge upgrade — we went hands-on : Read more
This new app is TERRIBLE!!! Now you have to wade through garbage you don't need or want, you only have 4 channels showing in the guide, you cannot switch back and forth from channels easily as before, I do not need large icons telling me what they THINK I want to watch. They need to switch back to the other format, and if I want more information on a listing, I can do that myself.

Jun 30, 2021
This just might be a deal breaker for me and sling with their new design. I love sling, I want to keep it, but the new design is so saturated with garbage you do not need to know or want to know before you can even see what is on. You could easily switch back a forth between channels, but now that is more annoying, you cannot access the channel listings from the program you are watching so I must now exit a program to get through the overly informative guide. Sling needs to return to the other design or at least make it an option for those of us who cannot fathom why they ended up with this dreadful bombardment of shows I do not care about.

Jul 3, 2021
Agree with bumble bee 80808. New guide is garbage.
  1. shows fewer lines (channels) and fewer columns (time) than old one.
  2. I can no longer just press the options button on my Fire TV remote to get to the guide.
  3. significantly slower than old guide.

Aug 2, 2021
The new app is awful. You can no longer watch programming while scrolling the mini-guide. While watching a show, button functions have completely changed. VOD is a useless hot mess and the experience is not at all intuitive. Well, if you like the way OTA services work I guess it may be, but if you want it to act like TV, it just doesn't work at all.

Aug 31, 2021
I've been a Sling customer for a few years and I agree with the comments that the new UI is awful. While better esthetically, it lacks several of the convenient features the older UI had. It is now extremely frustrating to use Sling

Oct 26, 2021
Reactions: sgtx666
Oct 26, 2021
I've been a Sling customer for a few years and I agree with the comments that the new UI is awful. While better esthetically, it lacks several of the convenient features the older UI had. It is now extremely frustrating to use Sling
Agree, the new version is terrible. It's damned painful to use the upgraded version. Ig there is a way to go back to the previous version I will do it

Oct 26, 2021
This new app is TERRIBLE!!! Now you have to wade through garbage you don't need or want, you only have 4 channels showing in the guide, you cannot switch back and forth from channels easily as before, I do not need large icons telling me what they THINK I want to watch. They need to switch back to the other format, and if I want more information on a listing, I can do that myself.
Nailed it !
Exactly so. Flashy and useless. And if you know of a way to go back to the previous version , please let me know.