Solved! Slow Internet on only one computer.

Feb 25, 2018
Wifi is slow on only one computer. All other devices in the house run perfectly. I have reset Windows to get rid of any possible malware or bandwidth hogging apps and I have also reset the network adapter TWICE. Still no improvement. I'm at my wit's end. Ethernet works just fine, but without the cable, it gets maybe 1/10 of the speed it should HALP!

Solution
Try rebooting the modem/router.

If that doesn't help, then check placement of the modem/router in relation to your laptop.

Then you may want to check the modem/router settings to see if it is limiting the speed after so many devices are connected. Or even just yours (they can be set up that way).

Now if none of the above works, contact the ISP and see if the problem is something on their end. With some companies they will limit access after a certain number of devices are connected.
Try rebooting the modem/router.

If that doesn't help, then check placement of the modem/router in relation to your laptop.

Then you may want to check the modem/router settings to see if it is limiting the speed after so many devices are connected. Or even just yours (they can be set up that way).

Now if none of the above works, contact the ISP and see if the problem is something on their end. With some companies they will limit access after a certain number of devices are connected.

Solution