Slow internet speed on laptop

helppppppppppppp

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
So on my holidays in Korea I bought a laptop and used it for the remainder of my holidays getting good internet speed. Then when I get back home to Australia, the laptop is insanely slow while my phone and computer are getting relatively good speeds. Anyone know why?

Solution
You may want to try testing the speed through another browser and see if it is better. If that is the case, the browser you are using may be dragged down by add ons, cookies, cache size, etc.

Also, you should be able to log into the modem itself (can't say how, depends on the carrier and if you own or rent the modem) and check the speed that way. If it is still bad (even in there) then I would be calling your ISP and making them fix it. :)
Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the oepn windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

helppppppppppppp

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the late reply.. But on my computer there is no such thing as "manage wireless networks" does it go under a different name on other devices?

You may want to try testing the speed through another browser and see if it is better. If that is the case, the browser you are using may be dragged down by add ons, cookies, cache size, etc.

Also, you should be able to log into the modem itself (can't say how, depends on the carrier and if you own or rent the modem) and check the speed that way. If it is still bad (even in there) then I would be calling your ISP and making them fix it. :)

Solution