Slow Lenovo Laptop

geoffdoyle24

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
Lenovo is running very slow and not stable and it might be because it’s only got approximately 10gb left on its 1 tb harddrive but it’s slow loading and slow on the internet with loading and surfing and downloading so can anybody pls give advice and guide me thru fixing this issue regards Geoff

Solution
Check what is running when it starts up. Go to "Start" and type in the search box "msconfig" (without the quotes). Go to the "Startup" tab and check what programs are auto starting. Be sure you don't stop anything that the computer might need. You only want to stop things that you know what they are and that you won't need them to load.

The make sure you reboot the computer regularly, or shut it down regularly. Over time your resources get used up and shutting down a program does not give you all the resources back.

Lastly, I would suggest cleaning out your browser history and cache (just make sure you save anything you want/need before doing it).
Check what is running when it starts up. Go to "Start" and type in the search box "msconfig" (without the quotes). Go to the "Startup" tab and check what programs are auto starting. Be sure you don't stop anything that the computer might need. You only want to stop things that you know what they are and that you won't need them to load.

The make sure you reboot the computer regularly, or shut it down regularly. Over time your resources get used up and shutting down a program does not give you all the resources back.

Lastly, I would suggest cleaning out your browser history and cache (just make sure you save anything you want/need before doing it).

Solution