I have a slow Samsung Tablet 4 (SM-T230NU) and after following all the basic troubleshooting to make it go faster (disable animations, clear cahce, factory reset) there was one step i didnt try. Should i try this?
"root your phone , install cpu kernel adiutor (root) app , and safely bring back cpu to original speed" ??
Is it the OS on the tablet that sucks and should install a newer andriod OS (andriod nought 7.0)? Should i install iOS on it?
I would not recommend rooting the device. You risk bricking the thing and that you don't want.
When you did the reset you did, if you chose the option to save your things that are on the tablet, then it really didn't get reset. If you want to get it back to what it once was, save all your personal stuff (contacts, files, etc., not apps, can't save those) to a computer or google account and then do a full "Hard Reset". Instructions below.
And no, going to a newer OS would not make it faster. It would actually make it slower.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the tablet...
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.
6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.
10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.
I did this as well but its still slow. Will using an SD card make it run faster? Even if im just using chrome or any app it is slow (even after disabling the animations). Also majority of apps cant run properly.
That tablet is a few years old, so newer apps are going to use up more and more resources. The same goes for updates.
On top of this, not restarting (powering it off and on) regularly can lead to less and less available resources. Also leaving apps open, and just moving to another app without actually closing other apps, will make it slower.
A SD card will only help with moving files (photos, music, etc.) off the device to add space for storage purposes.