slow wifi speed on laptop on my hp pavillion

an007

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
helo friends

i have brought a hp pavillion series laptop with amd A8 processor and amd graphics . when i connect my laptop using my home wifi connection then it works fine if only my laptop is connected but if any other device connects to the network even if its a phone then speed reduces extremey( we r talking about bytes/s here ) on my laptop and it works fine on other devices....
like if i m downloading something on my laptop and my brother opens youtube on his phone then my laptop speed reduces to about 1 kbps but no effect on his phone....
thanks in advance

Solution
Hi,

It seems like it can be related to the wireless network your using. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the wireless adapter driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work try doing a power cycle with the modem and router.
- Turn both modem and routers off for couple of seconds then power them back on.
- Wait until all the light goes steady on the modem and router then see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work, do...
Hi,

It seems like it can be related to the wireless network your using. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the wireless adapter driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work try doing a power cycle with the modem and router.
- Turn both modem and routers off for couple of seconds then power them back on.
- Wait until all the light goes steady on the modem and router then see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work, do contact your ISP first for more troubleshooting steps.

Solution