Slower internet over the course of a few weeks.

Aug 27, 2018
My internet when I first got my new computer was 433mbs as indicated by the Ookla Speedtest.
Less than even a week later my internet speed dropped to only 100mbps. 2 more weeks later and the internet speed tests indicated I only have 35mbs. The wifi status window for my Qualcomm Adapter still however shows 433.3mbs even though I'm not getting nearly that much speed.

I'm currently paying Comcast for a 1gbs speed but am not getting nearly that much. I know that I am connected via wifi so I'm not going to get exactly 1gbs but I should be at least getting the 433mbs I was getting when I first tested the speed of the internet on this computer.

I've done a complete virus scan by Avast and found nothing. I have already factory reset this computer to try to solve this issue using the Dell Support App on startup but to no avail. I have no idea what to do next to try and fix this issue.

Aug 27, 2018
scout_03, I don't really understand what I'm looking at or what I'm supposed to do with the information, could you please explain what I need to do to switch to a less crowded channel?

Aug 27, 2018

Whoops forgot to directly reply to you.

Aug 27, 2018

I currently cant access my router right now, don;t know the password and cant factory reset it when people are on the computers.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from josephadams886 : "Slower internet over the course of a few weeks."

i doubt it is an issue with the computer. wireless internet is always spotty depending on the environment. make sure it is still connected to your WiFi network and hasn't connected to an open WiFi connection around you.