Solved! Small laptop for powerpoint

Brainzem

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Trying to help my sister in law with a laptop purchase for her work. Looking both for any good deals but also general specs for primarily being able to run Powerpoint or equivalent application smoothly in a teaching environment. So is i3/i5 good enough, how much RAM would you suggest. Do I need to be concerned with the GPU selection?

1. What is your budget? Hopefully Under $500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Smaller lightweight end, something easy to commute with.

3. What screen resolution do you want? Not too important, still getting details as to what she will be hooking up to though.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? Not a huge concern

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No gaming

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Powerpoint presentations is the primary usage. Im guessing other possible teaching tools like watching videos.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Nothing to crazy, probably the avg. size being sold these days will be fine.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None atm

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least a few years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD writer would be helpful

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Ive had all my DELL laptops breakdown on me, so I typically avoid them.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Im guessing maybe need ports for hooking up to a projector of some sort but Im not sure exactly what will be used at this point.