Small object hit screen leaving barely visible dark spot

Feb 17, 2018
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I bought a refurbiahed tv recently (I know, I know) and to my surprise it looked and worked brand new...until today-only 2nd day using it, I noticed a small dark spot, center/off to the side and barely visible x coming from it. I mean barely visible that it can only be seen against a white background if I look directly at it.
This doesn't bother me and I really don't want to to go through the return process. So my question is: will this mark get worse? Will it expand somehow? My previous tv had 2 black lines for a very long time off to the side that darkened a little bit but never enough to make me buy a new one. I'll only return if this is bound to get darker.

aquielisunari

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011

It won't grow.

You actually have an LCD TV. The backlighting is the only thing that changed. It went from a ccfl providing the the lighting to LEDs providing the lighting.

aquielisunari

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011

Have you tried to massage that area? Those pixels may be permanently ruined, idk. Will they grow? No. I would think the TV fell or someone picked up the TV incorrectly.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-fix-hot-dead-or-stuck-p-74456

http://www.jscreenfix.com/

Feb 17, 2018
I should note this is an LED tv. I wasn't sure the massaging would do anything, I also had a dead pixel on my old lcd tv and the massaging didn't work. This looks like some pointed object hit it and the x is possibly a crack inside. If you don't think it will continue to grow in size then I'm fine with it. I play a lot of video games and multiple colors dancing around hide it.

aquielisunari

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011

It won't grow.

You actually have an LCD TV. The backlighting is the only thing that changed. It went from a ccfl providing the the lighting to LEDs providing the lighting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 4
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1