Small-Time Company Sues Nintendo, Sony, MSFT

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KT_WASP

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]swamprat[/nom]Is the patent in question distinguished from the Atari controllers in JonathanDeane's post / TV remotes and if so is it still wide enough to catch the various controllers mentioned in their challenges?[/citation]

From what I can garner from reading the patents, the module sender transmits signals over multiple frequencies and operates with the Remote Band frequency range. The controller can automatically change the signal frequency to a more effective frequency. The controller can be capable of identifying parameters regarding the signal such as the signal strength and is capable of polling information over one or more discrete time periods.

From reading further into it, If I understand correctly, The modules incorporate an Omni-directional planar antenna (also patented by Eleven Engineering). This antenna transmits radio frequency signals in an omni-directional pattern and is capable of receiving signals from remote dipole antennas positioned in arbitrary physical orientations. The quadrature phase shifter provides both phase shifting functions and also converts an unbalanced radio frequency transceiver output signal into a balanced input signal to the planar antenna.

So, I guess you can say that it is much more advanced then the old Atari controller that was referenced in one of the posts.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Super informed opinions everybody. Really. Way to go out and do lots of research beyond just reading the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.